- PlayGiga´s cloud gaming service will be showcased at the Rakuten Mobile Edge Computing stand
- High definition service demo on 4G and5G networks for side-by-side performance comparison
Madrid, 25.07.2019 – PlayGiga, a leading cloud gaming pioneer with deployments in 5 countries and Research and Development collaboration projects with AT&T, Ericsson and Intel, will demonstrate their cloud gaming solution at Rakuten Optimism 2019 in Tokyo from July 31 to Aug 3.
Rakuten Optimism is an event series designed to inspire visions of a shared brighter future, as well as deepen the understanding of the services and ideals underpinning the Rakuten Group ecosystem. In line with the theme of “Welcome to the 5G era” Rakuten Optimism 2019 will feature top-tier speakers from around the globe and showcase Rakuten’s more than 70 services, including it 5G ready mobile network launching in October.
“Asia, specifically Japan, is currently at the vanguard of 5G,” said Javier Polo, CEO of PlayGiga. “We are delighted to collaborate with Rakuten in this event that shows how 5G and cloud gaming will totally reshape the way we play and consume games”.
PlayGiga´s ground-breaking cloud gaming platform will be showcased alongside other Mobile Edge Computing innovations built for 5G networks with the aim of demonstrating a superior user experience. Visitors to the booth will be able to play DEAD OR ALIVE 6 in high definition on both 4G and 5G networks in order to compare performance side-by-side.
According to analysts, Asia is set to become the world’s largest 5G region by 2025. Mobile operators across the region will invest almost US$200 billion over the next few years in upgrading their 4G networks and launching new 5G networks. On the other hand, the global cloud gaming market will be worth $2.5 billion by 2023 with Japan at the forefront aided by the availability of high-speed fixed and mobile broadband services in the market.
The aim is to compare game experiences using LTE technology versus an EDGE Computing infrastructure
After successful lab-based tests with AT&T and Vodafone exploring how to deliver new gaming experiences over 5G and Edge Computing, PlayGiga has now teamed up with T-Mobile Poland to test cloud gaming using its Edge Computing architecture. The aim of the test is to compare the end-user experience for gamers using LTE technology versus EDGE Computing infrastructure.
About 40 gamers from Krakow have been taking part in the research, which started on May 24th and is set to run until the end of August. The testers received a mobile router and access to the PlayGiga streaming service, which consists of 20 top titles including Rise of the Tomb Raider™, Ryse: Son of Rome and Batman: Arkham City.
Some gamers are accessing PlayGiga via T-Mobile’s public LTE network, and others via a specially built, private LTE network, which is not accessible to users outside of the test group (the so-called campus network). The objective of the test is to conduct a technical analysis as well as collecting qualitative feedback from the gamers themselves.
Edge Computing is a new concept of cloud computing architecture. Servers are no longer placed in remote, centralized Data Centers, but “on the edge” of the cellular network, close to the end user and data generation site. Such a change significantly reduces delays in communication with the server (Low Latency Networks) and lightens Internet connections. This improves the quality of services sensitive to interference, in particular network games and video transmission. EDGE Computing and dedicated resources in LTE networks also allow to build solutions that meet exceptionally high security standards and enable the management of Quality of Service (QoS) parameters.
The current test project builds on the infrastructure and experience gained in the Low Latency Prototyping and 5G Prototyping programs run by Hubraum, the tech incubator of Deutsche Telekom based in Krakow.
According to Javier Polo, PlayGiga´s CEO, “we are really excited to team up with T-Mobile and showcase the potential of PlayGiga´s groundbreaking cloud gaming technology when combined with 5G. This will usher in new and exciting gaming experiences -such as mobile cloud gaming, one of the most demanding use cases for 5G- and PlayGiga is delighted to be at the forefront of it”.
Jakub Probola, Innovation & Development Director adds “At T-Mobile, we believe that thanks to the joint activity with PlayGiga, we were able to validate new paradigms and collect real market feedback. We got very positive feedback from test customers, that proves EDGE and applications running on-top can make a substantial difference. It’s very exciting to be part of such a revolutionary project”.
Edge Computing, in conjunction with 5G networks, is expected to boost industries such as digital entertainment and virtual reality as well as other non-gaming related fields such as robotics, autonomous vehicles and drones. According to a recent report by US-based Allied Market Research, the global edge computing market generated $1.73 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $16.55 billion by 2025.
DESCRIPCIÓN DE EMPRESA:
Playgiga, empresa creada en el 2013 y líder en el desarrollo de servicios de Cloud Gaming, busca a un Analista de Videojuegos para sus oficinas de Madrid.
- Por lo menos 3 años de experiencia en C++ con Windows, y conocimiento de este entorno
- Experiencia con CMake y compilación cruzada
- Experiencia trabajando con encoders y decoders de video y audio (H264, OGG, FFMPEG, OpenMAX, …), y conocimiento de la parametrización y configuración de los mismos
- Experiencia trabajando con protocolos de red para aplicaciones de streaming de video (HTTP, WebRTC, …)
- Conocimiento en desarrollo Android con al menos una aplicación publicada en la Play Store
- Conocimientos básicos con librerías gráficas (ej: OpenGL ES)
- Experiencia tratando con integradores o clientes
- Conocimientos de Inglés hablado y escrito
- Conocimientos NDK para desarrollo nativo en Android
- Conocimientos de otros lenguajes y scripting (Bash, Python,…)
- Experiencia previa empleando metodologías ágiles
- Experiencia en desarrollo de engines para videojuegos
- Experiencia en desarrollo de drivers para Windows
- Experiencia con otras plataformas (Linux, Android, iOS, MacOS, …)
- Contratación directa e inmediata mediante contrato indefinido
- Incorporación en proyectos con alto grado de innovación y un equipo multidisciplinar
- Desarrollo de una carrera a largo plazo
- Formar parte de la empresa líder en la industria de Cloud Gaming
Si estás interesado envia tu CV a Hello@PlayGiga.com.
The candidate will belong to the PlayGiga´s QA department reporting to the head of QA. He/She plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Execution of both manual and automated test cases and evaluation of the test case results
- Troubleshoot and isolate problems encountered during testing; triage and root cause analysis
- Maintain automated and manual test suites to stay aligned with new product features
- Prepare test data and test environments to support testing Design, develop and execute test cases based requirements and user stories
- Report and track issues in the JIRA ticketing system, keeping information up-to-date.
- Review and provide feedback on product and project documentation as needed.
He/She must know in depth the PlayGiga´s platform competitive advantages, attend department meetings and participate in the company´s negotiation strategy.
We seek responsible and committed people, highly organized, ready to strive to get a job well done, who pay attention to detail and enjoy video games.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and dynamic self-starter, responsible, focused on achieving results.
- Experience with web application and service testing
- Experience with MySQL, MS SQL server or Oracle databases
- Familiar with Linux/Win systems and shell commands, shell scripting experience a definite advantage
- Exposure to at least two of the following: jMeter, subversion, git, Jenkins, maven, postman, SoapUI
- Experience in working with test automation frameworks, ideally in a java/python/linux/open source environment a definite advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment
- Have the strong sense of communication and teamwork spirit
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in software quality assurance industry or 2 years’ experience with BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field
- A proven track record of writing and running a variety of tests
- Detail oriented and ability to analyse complicated data sets
- Strong propensity for research and investigation
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience in working with JIRA
If you are interested, please send your resume to Hello@PlayGiga.com