The candidate will belong to the PlayGiga´s QA department reporting to the head of QA. He/She plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
· Execution of both manual and automated test cases and evaluation of the test case results.
· Troubleshoot and isolate problems encountered during testing; triage and root cause analysis.
· Maintain automated and manual test suites to stay aligned with new product features.
· Prepare test data and test environments to support testing Design, develop and execute test cases based requirements and user stories.
· Report and track issues in the JIRA ticketing system, keeping information up-to-date.
· Review and provide feedback on product and project documentation as needed.
· Collect information about software usability.
He/She must know in depth the PlayGiga´s platform competitive advantages, attend department meetings and participate in the company´s negotiation strategy.
We seek responsible and committed people, highly organized, ready to strive to get a job well done, who pay attention to detail and enjoy video games.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and dynamic self-starter, responsible, focused on achieving results
· Experience with web application and web service testing
· Experience with MySQL, MS SQL server or Oracle databases
· Familiar with Linux/Win systems and shell commands, shell scripting experience a definite advantage
· Exposure to at least two of the following: jMeter, subversion, git, Jenkins, maven
· Experience in working with test automation frameworks, ideally in a java/linux/open source environment a definite advantage
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment
· Have the strong sense of communication and teamwork spirit.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in software quality assurance industry or 2 years’ experience with BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field
· A proven track record of writing and running a variety of tests.
· Detail oriented and ability to analyse complicated data sets.
· Strong propensity for research and investigation.
· Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
· Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
· Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
· Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
· Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
· Experience in working with JIRA